Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm home! I finally got in yesterday around 3pm after a 12 hour flight from Auckland. It wasn't too bad except for the emo girl behind me who managed to kick or bump my seat about every 10 seconds. And the guy sitting beside me who really smelled. And the infant two rows up with the chronic cough. Other than that, not too bad.

I managed to sleep a bit on the plane (thank you, Valium!) so I was able to stay up all yesterday. I actually managed to stay up until about 10pm, and then woke up at 6:30 this morning feeling good and happy to be on a regular schedule again. I was all proud of myself for waking up that early and not being jet lagged or anything. But it was really comfortable in my own bed. Plus, I had absolutely NOTHING to get up for. So I fell asleep again. And then again. And again. Before I knew it, it was nearly noon. Damn you, jet lag!

Today, I went and bought some food (I didn't have much left in the house), and then sifted through a 2 foot high mound of mail which resulted in approximately 10 pieces that I actually needed. The rest was all junk mail. I was happy to find a final paycheck from work and a vacation check. Whoo-hoo! I also forgot to exchange my New Zealand currency so I need to go to the bank to do that, as well.

Wally has been ecstatic to see me, as I'm sure you can imagine. I was happy to fall asleep on the bed last night with him laying beside me. It's Wally Wednesday, by the way. I haven't had time to take any photos of him, but here's one from his 7th birthday that Madeline took while I was away. He's not that unhappy - he just squints any time you use a flash!

In honor of my trip, the song of the day is "Vacation" by the Go-Gos off their 1982 album of the same name. Nothing sums up happy music like the Go-Gos! And though the lyrics don't necessarily describe my trip, the tone certainly does.

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I'm guessing Wally has been sticking to you like glue! I'm glad to see he got a birthday cake in your absence.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - not sure where the link is for your email, but you can email me at bilb61@yahoo.com

8:04 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That was a fun vacation you took us on. I'm glad you and Wally are reunited. Cute birthday photo!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Glad to have you safe and sound back home, editthis. Hopefully you'll be right back to a regular pattern of behavior by Monday.

11:45 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Alfie immediately squints when he sees the camera, so it's totally cute to see Wally do the same.

Isn't it weird how after you get home and back into your routine from a vacation, you feel like you need another vacation?

When do you go back to work, and what is the status of the potential writer's strike?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Nothing like an annoying group of people around you to make a 12-hour flight feel like a 22-hour flight.

Wally's cake looked good. Honestly,have you ever thought of trying it?

Great song to come back to. You picked one of my favorite bands (still!) - who still put on awesome shows.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home