Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thanks to Madeline who had the link to the article about animals I talked about yesterday. If you're interested, you can read it here.

Since I sit in a lot of traffic, I see a lot of stickers on cars. I saw one last night on my way home that said, "My child is a SUCCESSFUL student at (blah blah) school." A "successful" student? What the hell does that mean? Is that one of those "special" stickers they give out to run-of-the mill students so they don't get jealous of the "honor students"? Is this like an Attendance ribbon?

Speaking of schools, a friend has his kids in a school district right outside of Los Angeles. The teachers have been told they are no longer allowed to use red pens to mark corrections on student papers because it "leaves too much of a negative impact on the student." How much more could we coddle students? I attended 12 years of school and had to survive many, many red marks, and I don't feel abused.

Have I mentioned how much I love KROQ? It's not the station I love so much, although I like a lot of the music, but the morning show. Kevin and Bean kick my ass. Sometimes, I laugh so hard during the drive that I almost drive off the road. And they're not funny in that lame Morning Zoo, stupid sound effects, parady music type of way. Very self deprecating and perfectly misanthropic. They're not perfect and they freely admit it. Sometimes, they aren't prepared and make stupid mistakes, but that's why I like them. My morning commute would be miserable without Kevin and Bean. You should have heard the excerpts of the Anna Nicole Smith interview this morning. I have one complaint, though - why, oh why, do they spend 15 minutes every Thursday morning to do a LOST recap when I haven't had time to watch the show yet? It's the only time I ever have to turn them off. If you haven't heard them, I suggest tuning in to 106.7 in L.A. weekday mornings, or stream them on the internet.


The song for today is "Take On Me" by A-Ha. Yes, basically another one-hit wonder. The band came out of Scandinavia and broke into the U.S. with this catchy tune. Remember the video? It was so very cool for the times and won all those awards. And if you haven't seen the spoof they did of it on Family Guy, you missed something funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I hadn't see the Family Guy spoof, so I feel very much left out. Yes, Kevin & Bean are my morning entertainment, too. Gosh, one of those guys should do a blog. That would be interesting

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home