Thursday, January 04, 2007

The new script for my show involves the use of a Segway people mover. Our Prop Master received our rental today, along with someone to give him a tutorial on how to use the thing. Half of us from Post went down to give it a try. I have to say, it’s sort of an odd machine. It’s a great idea, and I’m sure quite useful once you get used to it, but I kept accidentally turning it and running into walls. Thank god no one had the foresight to videotape us doing that for the gag reel.

Let me tell you why I love eBay. I had a 60G iPod photo that cost close to $500 when I first got it. About 6 months later, Apple came out with the Video iPod. Now, of course, I wanted the video version, but I couldn’t justify spending the extra money when the one I had worked perfectly well (aside from NOT playing video). A year later, I go out to my car after work, and when I pick up my iPod to turn it on, I notice that the video screen is all burnt out. It appeared I had left it in the sun in my car. It worked fine, but wasn’t much use for looking at photos because of the messed up monitor. Finally, I had a reason to upgrade to the video iPod.

I didn’t figure my old iPod would be worth much, what with the screen all messed up. So the other day, I go out to my car, and I couldn’t believe it when I saw that my NEW iPod’s screen was burnt out as well! You would think I had learned my lesson! I couldn’t believe it. It took a few moments before I took my sunglasses off to get a closer look, when I realized…there was nothing wrong with the screen at all. It was the effect of wearing my new polarized sunglasses! I checked my old iPod and sure enough…no damage at all to the video screen. So I put the old one up on eBay and sold it for $250! Sweet…I love eBay.

If you thought yesterday's song of the day was random, today's is "Lies" by Neal Schon (of Journey fame) and Jan Hammer (remember the Miami Vice theme? Axel F?). I don't know the story behind how the duo decided to team up together. Schon, the powerful lead guitarist from Journey, sang lead vocals on this tune. Czech-born jazz-rock keyboardist Hammer backs up Schon's guitar riffs on their 1982 album Here To Stay. The fact is, the duo recorded more than one album and I wonder whatever happened to the partnership. But this song is very classic 80s. If you can't remember the tune, you can see the video here: (God, I love YouTube)

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

ok, that just might be the worst video ever!!!! the bad 80s perm, the tight jeans, the bare chest . . . and it is near impossible to rock out wearing a keyboard

I saw an older lady on a segway down at our local post office - she was maneuvering it to deposit mail in the box (where I live we don't have home mail delivery, so everyone goes to the post office for their mail). I thought it looked fairly challenging

9:20 AM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, Neal Schon! I totally remember that song and video. He's totally trying to rock the Sonny Corleone look.

I, too, about had a heart attack the first time I looked at my iPod through my Maui Jims.

Security personnel at Chicago's Millenium Park use the Segway to get around. Well, during the warm months at least.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home