Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Friday, but unfortunately for me, my Monday. I'm still really tired from yesterday, but luckily, it was a light day at work. I have a hockey game tonight with my women's team, and then tomorrow night is game 1 in our Championship series (co-ed league). I think we're going to be really short handed for that game - it's probably a good thing that it's best of 3!

So, I tried to do something really nice today for a good friend of mine who has been going through a lot of crap. I thought it would cheer him up. The details aren't really germane to the story, but the point is that it sort of backfired on me. Sometimes, when I try to do something completely selfless for someone else, the other party assumes I must have some sort of motive in doing the good deed. Am I the only person this happens to?

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

you are not the only person this happens to, trust me

4:54 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Its happened to me too.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Pretty much how every day at work for me goes... Kind of how my job description was designed.

8:11 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The worst time for me was this. I used to work swing at the hospital, and I organized a birthday potlock for our September co-workers. So not only did it happen to fall on 9/11 and no one felt much like celebrating, but our manager (whose birthday was in September) decided to stick around that evening, and I hadn't included her name on the cake. That was the last time I organized a potluck.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home