Monday, March 24, 2008

Last night, after taking care of all the scooter business, my friend Dean and I went out to grab a bite at the local Hamlet. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and Dean ordered a veggie burger. Our food came and we dug in. Dean took a big bite of his burger and I saw his eyes bug out - he didn't swallow - and with his mouth full, he said, "Umm..." and I said, "That's beef, isn't it?" Dean, a practicing 7th Day Adventist (and therefore Vegetarian his entire life) ran off to the restroom to spit the mean out. I grabbed the waiter on his way by and pointing at Dean's plate I said, "Um..that was supposed to be a veggie burger." The waiter blanched (which had to be hard because he was a big Hispanic guy) and said, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I'll have them make the right order right away!" and he ran off with Dean's plate. Dean was fine, he didn't flip out or anything. He took it in stride. When the waiter returned with the veggie burger, he profusely apologized again and told Dean his meal was on the house. Dean reassured him that it wasn't really that big of a deal, but the guy seemed to be nearly weeping. "I'm a vegetarian myself," he said, "so I'm sort of freaking out right now." I think the waiter took it a lot harder than Dean did and he got a nice tip because of it.

Today is my Thursday night and it feels like the longest week ever. I've had hockey games on 3 of the past 4 nights and the other night, I was running around getting my scooter. I'm looking forward to a long sleep tomorrow night.

3 Comments:

Blogger João Workentine said...

That's definitely a stand for principle. They also have great cookies:

http://adventistsnotcult.blogspot.com/2008/01/priming-pump.html

2:26 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I had a Boca Burger for dinner last night, myself.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I can't say that I have ever had a veggie burger before.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home