Wednesday, March 26, 2008

When I borrowed my friend's truck the other day to get my scooter, I didn't take into account that I would need to go to and from work with it before getting to the scooter. This wouldn't have been a big deal except for the fact that I take Wally with me to work on the weekends. I wasn't about to put Wally in the truck bed to get him to North Hollywood so he had to ride in the cab with me. The first thing he did when he got in was make his way over to the driver's seat and sit down, confused.


I explained to him that I would actually be the one driving and got him to reluctantly move over to the passenger side of the vehicle. I'd hoped that I could roll the window down and he'd just sit there with his head sticking out, but he'd have none of it. He was having one of those days where he was particularly uncomfortable on the drive. Instead of putting his head out the window, he turned around so his butt was facing the passenger side window and he sort of hunkered down in a leaning crouch against the rear of the truck bench seat. He then proceeded to nuzzle his head into my right shoulder so hard that he was pressing all 100 lbs of himself into me...as I was driving. I kept trying to push him over, but then he wedged his head behind my shoulder, between it and the seat back, and proceeded to breathe heavily and slobber all over my shirt.


Needless to say, it was a complicated drive to work. I got to enjoy an encore of the same performance on our way back home from work. Why can't I have a normal dog who just enjoys the ride? Sigh. Happy Wally Wednesday everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I used to drive a Celica Convertible and Hanna would ride in the front with me. When I got the SUV, it took some convincing that Princesses ride in the BACK seat . . .

Happy WW!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

That's hilarious! Glad you didn't get into an accident.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home