Monday, May 25, 2009

Charles is away at a track day today and won't be back until late this evening. I actually have today off, so after I cleaned the house, I didn't really have much to do other than vegetate in front of the tv. (I have all of Damages Season 2 on the DVR so I've been catching up). Still, one can only watch so much television before they get bored of that. When Charles is away, it becomes more and more apparent how lonely it can get here when you don't know anyone in town.

So, I started to search online at meetup.com to see if there were any meetup groups for anything that I'm interested in so I could get out and meet some people. Boy, are there a LOT of meetup groups. There are many, many scrapbooking and wine tasting groups, groups for Harley riders and groups for people who like to eat at fancy restaurants, but none of those interest me. I'll show you some that caught my eye - you can tell me which one you think would best suit me.

Saved & Sassy Sistah's
Saved & Sassy Sisters is a group for Christian Women between the ages of 30-45 who enjoy having fun, traveling and meeting new people. Some of our activities include: Ladies Night Out, Sunday or Saturday Brunch, Sistahs Weekend Getaway, Bible Study, Community Service through the Tamar's Circle Mentoring Program and more!

North Texas Transplant Riders
Meet with other local Motorcycle Riders that are transplanted organ recipients!

Fort Worth Ghost Group
This meetup group is for Ghost Trackers, Ghost Hunters, Paranormal Researchers, Psychics and anyone interested in all areas of the paranormal, including ghost hunting, UFO's, psychic abilities, past-life, etc., that live in the DFW area. (I shit you not, there are 236 members of this meetup group).

International Guild of Knot Tyers - Texas Branch
The International Guild of Knot Tyers (IGKT) is an association of people with interests in knots and knotting techniques of all kinds.

The Bedford Renaissance Faire Meetup Group
Meet with people who have interest in attending/performing in renaissance faires.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dallas seems much more, um, diverse, than LA.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Go for the knots!!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I can only tell you that I know there is a big knitting community in Texas.

9:01 PM  
Blogger chellebelle said...

I can second Diane, huge place for knitting.. um.. the ufo one might really be interesting.. do they go to the possible sightings with their guns in the racks? I'll have to ask my friend who grew up there. hum.

7:26 PM  
Blogger LA said...

When I first read North Texas Transplant Riders, I thought they were bikers who had moved to Texas from other states. I was wrong.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home