Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I wrote a very long time ago about all the mail I receive from the Church of Scientology. I'd like to report that, as of today, it took them less than a month to find my new address. Back when I used to go to AA meetings, I made friends with a guy who had been an alcoholic and heroin addict prone to violent crimes (like robbery and hold ups) back in the days when he was still using. He was also on the Scientology mailing list. He said once, he was on the lam, out in the middle of the desert crashing at a friend's place, someone who had no phone or TV. He went out to the mailbox one day, only to discover a piece of mail addressed to himself...from the Church of Scientology. It really is creepy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Eolin said...

AHHHH! They must have a deal with the post office. Kinda like how I never call my magazines w/ a new address, they just find me.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Red Cross is just as bad.

9:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Did I ever tell you my story? I sent away for Dianetics like 30 years ago, when I was still a minor and lived at home? It was gibberish and unreadable, but they still send mail to my mother's address, followed her to TWO moves. THIRTY years ago!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home