Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I think I'm going to change jobs. I have realized I can make a lot more money and not work as hard if I stop editing and become a Network Executive. Based on the interaction I've had over the years with Network Executives, very little is required to actually obtain this position. Apparently, you can have no production experience whatsoever, and yet still have a job where you tell people who DO have production companies how they should do their jobs. The job seems to be most easily fitted to short, angry men who think they haven't accomplished anything until they've made someone cry, but I still think I'll give it a shot. I can give random, meaningless notes that don't make any sense, just to see other people scramble to please me. Sure I could. I could approve the look of a show, only to change my mind after the show has been shot and edited, because it would be fun to make people panic as they try to force a square peg into a round hole. I could do all that just on a whim, for no reason at all. Say goodbye to me as an editor...my new career is right around the corner, I can feel it.

**This rant has nothing to do with the recent round of notes I have received from a network executive. None at all.

4 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Damn! If you ever feel like spilling the back story, I'm all ears.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

let me know if you need an assistant

11:55 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Trust me when I say those "Network Executives" are in every line of work. In my profession they are called "Deans" and "Vice Presidents". Clueless bastards!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oawLHXQ6y8

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home