Friday, January 05, 2007

Wow, was it windy at my house this morning! I was laying in bed after my alarm went off looking out my window at the lemon tree in my front yard that was practically bent over. It kept thwacking up against my window. Note to self: remember to trim lemon tree.

My first tone meeting is today. A tone meeting involves the producers, director, editor, writers and the purpose is to go over the next shooting script and discuss the intended tone. As in, if one of the characters keeps making jokes, are the other people in the room supposed to be noticing and smiling? Or should they be ignoring him? I attended part of a tone meeting for the last script I worked on because my editor at the time was busy with something else. It was an episode that was to take place in New Orleans. The EP made the point that he didn't want the actors to force a New Orleans accent if they couldn't pull it off naturally, and that he didn't think the show creator cared if anyone had accents at all. One of the writers, put off, said, "They HAVE to have accents! Otherwise, it's just (our show) in New Orleans!" Our EP looked at her and said, "Well...our show takes place in Boston and no one has a Boston accent, so..." Touche. Luckily, we got some actors who had natural southern accents so it all worked out in the end.

The song for today is "I Know There's Something Going On" by Frida. The song, by the former member of Abba, was recorded in 1982 for the album Something's Going On. I was neither a big Abba fan, but this song is a big departure from that sound, and I always liked this song. It was produced by singer Phil Collins, and you can clearly hear his percussive stylings on the song. Like most of the other songs I've listed lately, the video for it is so completely 80s:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was REALLY windy at my place too in Riverside. I have a lemon tree as well and all the leaves have been blown off but the lemons managed to hang on.

BTW cool blog

9:16 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I always loved that song, too. I had no idea Phil Collins produced it, but listening to it again with that knowledge, it's so obvious.

Yeah, I thought my house was going to blow off the foundation last night. It was pretty crazy.

Yeah, I've noticed the no Boston accents before. I just figured everyone was a transplant. ;)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

better no accents than bad accents - just think about Kevin Costner as Robin Hood as a prime example of accent don'ts

9:56 AM  
Blogger wcdixon said...

Tone meetings...cool. I see a new post in my future.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home