Monday, June 18, 2007

I went running for the second time in a week. I always feel funny calling it "running" because that word evokes gazelles or Kenyans. I go through the same motions, just a lot slower. I've never been a big fan of running as I've never had the speed or endurance for it, but the last time I got into running on a regular basis, I was in much better shape and able to skate much faster, so I'm trying to get into it again. It would be easier to do if it weren't such a miserable tiring sport.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have a complete addiction to The Shield now. A friend recommended it to me some time ago, and I've been able to watch the first 5 seasons on DVD at my own speed (sometimes 4-5 episodes in a single day). When Season 6 started, even though I wasn't done with the DVDs, I Tivo'd all of the episodes for when I would be ready. I'm now halfway through the season and have a hard time turning the TV off each night. On one hand, I want to rush through the remaining 5 episodes to see what happens. On the other hand, I'm trying to savor every moment because I know when I finish watching THIS season, I'll have to wait...and wait...and wait for the next season to air next year. I wish I hadn't started watching until after the show was off the air.

I find it hard to believe that I've never used John Parr for the song of the day, though Blogger says it's so. The song of today is "Naughty Naughty" from his 1984 self-titled debut album. I always liked this earlier hit of Parr's compared to the pop ballad from St. Elmo's Fire that became the bigger hit, co-written by David Foster. "Naught Naughty" is a lot ballsier. Unfortunately, Parr only ever had those two hits before slipping into obscurity. I wonder if he still wears that sweet 80s mullet?

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I may be renting the Shield too - I watched the first couple of seasons, but missed the last few - to be honest, the episode with the burning tires around the neck and the face on the stove was too much for me . . .

And any post with the word "ballsier" is a good post

6:19 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

A good day for me is sitting down and watching an entire season of The Shield. In fact, I save the whole season on my TiVo and then watch it again before the start of the next season. Just wish their season wasn't limited to just 10-11 episodes. In case you didn't know, next season will be the last for The Shield.

You know, the video fo "Naughty Naughty" was kind of risque for its time. I happened to see it on VH1 a while back and had forgotten that I liked the song. The video wasn't too bad, either.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home