Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wow, I'm tired. I haven't been any busier than usual, but over the past few weeks, I'm really having problems getting out of bed in the morning. Lucky for me, I generally don't have to be in at work early. However, on the weekends, I'd prefer to get in early-ish so I can finish and still have an evening. Both yesterday and today, I set my alarm for about 8 hours after I went to sleep, heard it go off and hit snooze...only to wake up again about 3 hours later. I'm also sleepy throughout the day. I'm really looking forward to those two weeks off this week, I'll tell you that. Wally and I will be sleeping lazily through the day.

I finally watched No Country For Old Men on DVD the other night. I had no idea what it was about when I turned it on (which is how I prefer to watch a movie). It sucked me right in and I was hooked for the whole ride. What a great, dark, messed up movie. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. Josh Brolin comes across as I've never seen him and I thought he handled the role well. Tommy Lee Jones is always good. It was nice to see Woody Harrelson on the screen again. And Javier Bardem is one scary mother fucker. He really makes me want to stay away from anyone carrying around a portable air compressor.

I bought 4 books at the store last night - The Pact by Jodi Picoult (right up Kat's alley, I imagine), Crashing Through by Robert Kurson (the guy who wrote Shadow Divers), The Appeal by Grisham (I don't know what it's about, but I need to keep my collection complete), and Drama Punx by Noah Levine (which I stumbled upon).

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I liked the book Old Country, I'll pick up the DVD. Haven't heard of any of those books except the Appeal - let us know if you like them!

(Grisham is generally good entertainment)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

How did you know Jodi Picoult was right up my alley? I actually bought another one of her books today=)

I go through phases where I just can't get enough sleep..I hate it!

12:24 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - Do not underestimate the power of the time change. I think I took three naps last week when I finished working, I was so effing tired.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home