Thursday, July 10, 2008

While I'm in the midst of trying to find a soccer team to play on in the area, I decided to take a couple of lessons from a guy recommended by a local league - a bit of a refresher course. I must say, muscle memory is amazing. I was able to experience something I've always been envious of in hockey players returning to the ice after not having played for 20-30 years as a kid. Passing the ball, stopping it, trapping it, shooting it - while I may not have perfect form and am certainly in need of much improvement, it all came right back to me. And is has been over 20 years since I've stepped onto a soccer field.

I'm glad the guy went over the rules with me again, as some things have changed since the last time I played, especially in regards to the goaltender. I played goalie for the first couple of years I played in a league, back when it never occurred to me that the whole team might blame me for a loss should I do something stupid. I don't think I could handle the stress of playing goalie now.

Now that I've had a taste of playing again, I definitely want to find a team so I can play a real game as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Playing sports is like riding a bike, once yous tart playing again it comes right back to you. Granted, you might not be able to move as fast as you once were able to!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home