Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I got moved today at work from the impromptu office they had me editing in to one of the new bays they just built upstairs. There are 5 bays and I'm the only one currently working up there, so it's nice and quiet and there's actually a window I can look out of (onto the roof of the building next to us). On the downside, they bought the smallest possible editing consoles. There's barely enough room for all of the equipment, and when I first walked in this morning, it took me a moment to figure out where I could set my keys and my phone. I'm still plugging away there. What started out as "probably 2-3 weeks" looks like it will be closer to 6. I asked about needing a day off the first week of August and was told I should be home by then. I am marking the days off on my calendar. I can't wait to be out of the building (no offense to everyone IN the building, of course).

I actually got off my ass and went running this evening. I only have one route and it's 5k so I took that. I made it through, but it was a super slow run. (I wonder at what point it is that you're actually not even "running"?) Now, I'm just kicking back with the dog watching an episode of In Plain Sight on the DVR (sigh - I can't even say "Tivo" anymore) - it's a decent show if you have nothing else to watch this summer. I'm looking forward to Burn Notice and Mad Men starting back up again soon (mmm...Don Draper).

7 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

OMG I cannot wait for Mad Men to start back up again. That show is like visual crack! I am running a 5K in a couple of weeks, for some kind of foundation, I forget... gosh darn it what is the name of it... oh yeah Alzheimer's Society.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - lol

I love Burn Notice and can't wait for it to start up again.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like In Plain Sight, but am chomping at the bit for the start of The Shield in September.

8:29 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Ryan, you're funny.

Edit, you're ticking the days off your calender until you return to working at home, I'm ticking the days off mine for the return of Mad Men. I, too, am anxiously awaiting more Don Draper yummy goodness.

BTW, have you seen the packaging for the DVDs? It's pretty clever.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

The packaging is a lighter, right?

2:06 PM  
Blogger LA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:21 PM  
Blogger LA said...

KF - yeah, and the discs are red, to look like a flame, I think. It's a nice design.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home