Friday, July 04, 2008

I'd like to say I'm doing something really fun and interesting for the 4th today. The truth is, this is my first (and only) day off in 11 days. I slept in, did some laundry, went to the grocery store, and had an impromptu lunch with a couple of friends. Oh! And I bought myself a new snowboard (one that's right for me this time)! I went to a place I highly recommend which is Billy's Board Shop in Montrose. The guys in the shop are extremely patient with people new to snowboarding (like me) and excited to help them learn more about the right equipment and the sport. I got almost a $500 board for $270. Sweet! With my new bindings, I'm ready to hit the slopes. I've got to figure out where the snow will hit first this year. Maybe I need a weekend trip to Montana.

Later tonight, I'm thinking of walking up the street to catch Prince Caspian at the second run theater. Other than that, Wally and I are just kicking it inside with the a/c on. Work tomorrow and Sunday and the rest of the week. Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Yeah, I'm back to work on Sunday, no 3-day weekend for me either.

Congrats on your new board. I'm sure it will bring you many good times!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That board is super PIMP!
I need to get new bindings this summer.
You need to come up to N. CAL this winter and come snowboarding with me in Lake Tahoe. It really is the best!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home