Monday, June 30, 2008

I have to admit, it was a pretty uneventful day at the office. Other than the usual cluster fuck of bad communication from one person to another, which I've never experienced there apart from this particular project. Soon enough, it will be over with and I can come back to work at home with my dog at my feet and time for a nap during lunch break.

I bought a new snowboard and bindings online at REI.com a couple of weeks ago and had them shipped to the local store for pickup. Today was the first time I had both the time and the energy to actually pick them up. I love the bindings, but am not so sure I love the board. I love the LOOK of the board (that's mine on the left), but I'm not sure I like the material this particular board is made of. Though I have to admit, I don't know anything about snowboards, other than that this one is made of something other than what my old board is made of. I'll have to check with someone who knows more than I do. I have a feeling it's going to be a giant pain in the ass if I have to return it.

On the up side, I found a women's soccer clinic in South Pasadena on Monday nights. I now have cleats, shin guards, socks, etc. All the makings of a very sore 37-year-old soccer player.

5 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Cool snowboard...hope it works for you.

The twins get to do the fireworks this year with Dad; do you have plans for the 4th?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh you'll love soccer. I do!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I love soccer!! I need to find a league here.

I've been snowboarding on the Wii...it's so much fun!

3:46 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Does Wally have to stay home while you work @ the office now?

6:12 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Netrunner - nope, no plans for the 4th as of yet. Hoping to avoid the crowds and parking, so that may limit me.

LA - Yeah, if I'm working in the day during the week, Wally has to stay home, but Stryder's mom watches out for him.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home