Sunday, November 23, 2008

In 1978, I was in the second grade at Harry S. Truman Elementary school in Vancouver, Washington. We had just moved into town after living in Battle Ground, and somehow (the details are pretty murky since I was only 7) my mom got me put in to the gifted program (GCY). I think we met once a week, and it was a small group of gifted kids in my grade and the grades closest to mine (think Malcolm in the Middle, but a little less socially inept). When my mom explained to me that I'd be a part of this special group, she explained, "I think they're studying stars this year." Excited, I exclaimed, "You mean like Shaun Cassidy!?"

The b/f and I just got back from a weekend in Big Bear. No snow, but we hiked the Cougar Crest trail up to the Pacific Crest trail. For those of you out of Southern California, it's the week before Thanksgiving, and we were hiking comfortably at 7,000 feet in shorts and t-shirts. Here's a photo from the weekend:

We're too happy, right? Tell me it isn't sort of sickening.

9 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Sounds like you had a great time...and, yes, sickening, but also kinda' cute :)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Be happy! It's NOT sickening! People would kill to be in your position especially since we're coming upon the holidays! :-)

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People being happy makes me smile. 8)
It's only sickening when it's fake.

-saladbats

9:48 AM  
Blogger LA said...

It looks like you're happy, so there's nothing wrong with it.

Just don't forget Wally on Wednesday!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both look adorable! We should go on a double-date hike sometime!!!

And I was in the gifted class also. LOL. Look where it got us. ;)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Yup, sickening! =)

I haven't been on a long hike in forever! I'm thinking if it wasn't so cold and snowy outside I would go for one tomorrow.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Randy Roadz said...

Actually it IS a little sickening and now I know why you're not blogging... you got yerselph a man.

What's up? Are you pissed about the comment I left about kicking Gracie to the curb... I was j/k.

Love ya... Roadzzzzzzzzzzz

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

He's a cutie, Tiff. Nice score!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I love it!!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home