Monday, June 08, 2009

One thing I've been rather paranoid about since moving to Texas is the fear that I may accidentally acquire an accent. I only spent a month in Australia and still find myself saying, "No worries," and "Cheers" at times. I was at the ice rink the other night, sitting next to another girl on the bench in the locker room. She started a conversation with me, asking where I'd moved from, etc. She was talking about how much she absolutely loves Dallas with a thick Texan drawl. I asked, "So, you're from here, then?" and she answered, "Oh, no...I'm from Washington State." (For those of you not keeping track, I am also from Washington). If any of you sees me in the near future, and you hear me say so much as "y'all," please slap the shit out of me.

I've been enjoying the new camera, even though I have no idea how to really use it yet. I put the telephoto lens on for the first time yesterday and took the dogs to the lake:

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

My mom's brother - born in raised in California - moved to Texas, and you'd never know from his speech that he's ever stepped foot out of the state.

That lake always looks deserted.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Seems like you are really getting a hang of the new camera. You've taken some awesome pictures and I'm sure you'll pick up some sport of accent. It's almost impossible not to - even though you won't hear it. Got my slap counter ticking already...

12:49 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You should submit that shot of Kraut to the German Shephard page-a-day calendar.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home