Sunday, November 05, 2006


My El Segundo hockey team, the Bronze B Red Menace, lost their game last night to rivals, the Shack Attack. It was pretty much a neck and neck game until the opposing team scored a goal on a power play in the 3rd, which we were never able to recover from. I'm really glad we only lost by one goal (2-3), since I had that breakaway in the 3rd period which I wasn't able to put in the net. Yeah, that didn't keep me up last night AT ALL.



If you haven't seen it yet, start watching Dexter on Showtime. The show stars Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under) as Dexter, police blood spatter expert by day, serial killer by night. It's an interesting way to make you sympathetic to a serial killer.




I ended up doing two things yesterday that I don't like to do. One is go to the mall. Not that I'm opposed to malls, I'm opposed to giant parking garages riddled with traffic, which perfectly describes the garages at the Glendale Galleria. But I needed to find a new pair of shoes, since my day-to-day shoes are about to fall apart at the seams. I took a break from shopping and went to get a crappy slice of mall food court pizza (whatever happened to Square Pan?) and noticed while I was sitting there eating it that I was nearly one of the only white people there. This is one of the bonuses of living in Los Angeles - the multi-ethnic setting. Especially for someone like me, who grew up in an area of the country that is generally pretty white bread. Wonder Bread, really.

I'm working on changing the message publishing on this blog, since I've had a message for two days that Blogger has not been allowing me to publish.

The song for the day, in honor of my sister's unpublished message, is "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. It came off "So," a great album in its own right. But most of us remember it best from the movie "Say Anything." Lloyd Dobler, standing outside his girlfriend's bedroom window holding a boom box above his head, blaring that song for her to hear. How many of us girls wish we had ever found a Lloyd Dobler in our lives? “She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart... she gave me a pen." Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home