Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's my last weekend off for three weeks, so I'm trying to enjoy it and not just sit around the house. I'm going mountain biking in Ventura today with some friends, and then having lunch and seeing a movie with another friend tomorrow.

I saw an interesting video on YouTube the other day about a guy going on a Free Hug campaign that ended up getting shut down by the police. What struck me most about the video was the music. I had never heard of the band, but apparently they're new out of Australia. I must not be alone in liking it, as I just heard KROQ play it the other day. The band is called Sick Puppies, and the song is called "All The Same." You can view the video here:



Yesterday, I finished up a small side project I did for my hockey coach. I mentioned before about his hockey trip to India last year and how he's trying to bring some of those kids to the states to experience a real hockey clinic. Their visa has now been approved, and he's getting ready to start raising money and looking for host families. So I put together this montage of photos he took on his trip so he could show it to potential donors. You can see that video here:



The song for the day is pretty cliche, but I have to admit it's always been a guilty pleasure for me. It's Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night." The song came from the Canadian singer's 1983 debut First Offense and quickly shot to the top of the charts. My junior high band even did a cover of it, where we all wore our Wayfarers on stage (talk about cliche).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey Hart was huge here in Canada back around that time ('85-'86). Me and all of my friends, both male and female, wore our sunglasses at night. One friend, Danny, was the spitting image of Corey Hart and was constantly attacked/seduced by hot-looking teenage girls who wanted him SO bad...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I like that Sick Puppies song, and I think it sounds a bit like Nickelback. The video you did of the trip to India is awesome! Have fun this weekend - my handyman is here this morning and brought his yellow lab - Scotty - so the girls are having a grand old time!

10:39 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - thanks for the compliments on the video. The pictures speak for themselves. I am so wanting to make that trip to India to play with those guys but it's always in January, a little hard with my work schedule. :(

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen that hugging video, and had a friend who actually worked on that for a bit. Great concept and wonderful song!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home