Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Slow and boring day today. I had to go to the dentist this morning to get my teeth cleaned. I loathe getting my teeth cleaned, so it wasn't a lot of fun. I haven't had a cavity in years, but now have two. Yay, me! I get to go back in 2 weeks to get those filled. Took Wally for a big walk and then spent too much money at REI. We're now getting ready to watch the final episode of this season's The Shield.

I came across this very cool video today by a band called No More Kings. I certainly might have missed this when I was out of the country, but I checked KROQs site and didn't see their name on the now playing lists. At any rate, the song is called "Sweep The Leg, Johnny" and the video is a send up to the original Karate Kid movie. It was directed by William Zabka who portrayed Johnny in the Karate Kid film. Zabka reprises the role in the video that also reunites all the males from the cast of the film, with the exception of Pat Morita (for obvious reasons). I think I like the video much more than the song. Any of you who have watched the movie 100 times like the rest of us who grew up in the 80s, the video is a must see.



The song of the day is "Closer To Fine" by the Indigo Girls off their 1989 self-titled debut album. I've never been "into" this band per se, but the first time I heard this song back in the 80s, it really struck me. It was nice to hear women performing something that was neither hard rock nor wimpy ballads. The duo is made up of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers, whose folk rock music has come to be closely linked to the lesbian movement. I'm just proof that it's OK to like the Indigo Girls and not be gay. Just like it's ok for Kings Fan to love Fall Out Boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Do you watch the american version of The Office? There's a scene where Jim and Andy are wasted singing Closer To Fine and it cracks me up!

I'm wholely convinced that my dentist (actually, any dentist) is evil. Hope your teeth feel better soon!

8:12 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Or perhaps I'm "wholey convinced"...

Either way, I hate the dentist.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Were you taking a shot at me, editthis? Just because I have everything they have done and have been to their concert five times - that doesn't make me gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) In all seriousness, I did buy their first(?) CD when it came out and then dicovered they have developed a strong gay following. Who saw that coming?

Remember, your dog has a #1 Ducks Fan collar.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home