Monday, July 30, 2007

After Wally's little bone-stealing stunt from yesterday, the other editor decided to just give Wally the rawhide bone after he took his dog home at lunch. It seems his dog wasn't very interested in it. Not so with Wally! He sat and ate half of it in about an hour before I finally took him home. I must admit, I forgot that those things sometimes upset his stomach. This is why I was somewhat surprised this morning when I woke up to find approximately 10 different areas in my house where he had vomited during the night. I took him out for light fetch, he came in and threw up again. I gave him a Pepcid A/C which seems to have helped, but he just threw up his breakfast when I was outside with him a few moments ago. Needless to say, Wally will be staying home from work tonight while I have friends come by and check on him. Poor boy. I guess it's karma for stealing the bone in the first place.

About 4-6 weeks ago, when I tried to look for work, I was told by pretty much everyone that everything had already been staffed. Needless to say, I was surprised when I got a call a week ago to interview on a new show. The producer got busy and ended up canceling on me a couple of times, but I finally got in to meet with him today. However, he was running late, which caused all the editors being interviewed to sort of pile up on one another until there were 4 of us sitting there waiting together. That was uncomfortable, trying to make small talk with people you're competing against to get a job. I asked one of the guys what he had worked on and he said he had done all 10 seasons of JAG. What was I supposed to say? "Umm...I did 4 episodes of BL. And House Hunters." The interview seemed to go well, so we'll see how things go. Coincidentally, not two hours after I got home from that interview, I got a call from a producer on another show checking on my availability and wanting to set up a meet. I guess it's true that when it rains, it pours.

The song of the day is "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy off their 1981 album Get Lucky. Man, Loverboy was cool back in the day. Mike Reno had some real stage presence. I've seen him on tv since then and he looks like he may have eaten his former self. According to their Wikipedia entry, Mike Reno announced recently that the band had reunited and were recording another studio album due out this year. Says Wikipedia, "The new album is titled Back for More and scheduled for release in June, with a clip of the first single "The One That Got Away" available on the band's MySpace page." Wow...from arena rockers to "check out my MySpace page."

9 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Good luck on landing one of the jobs that you are interviewing for. I'm sure one of them will be smart enough to hire you.

Poor Wally and his upset stomach. I didn't know you could give a dog human medicine.

Yeah, that Mike Reno sure did balloon up to twice his size. Looks more like he ate himself.

2:57 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Hey, you may not have 10 years worth of episodes, but they have to take into account the QUALITY of your work. BL has to count for something.. Good luck and let us know what happens.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hey - that is awesome! Good luck with the interviews!

Poor Wally . . .

4:12 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

You're only as good as your last splice.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Hey, don't knock musicians' MySpace pages. Sting, Genesis and U2 have one, too.

I hope you "Get Lucky" with a great new job, Tiff.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping fingers crossed, hope you land an awesome gig.

--cheers
Amir

9:53 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Poor Wally! I hope he's feeling tip-top soon.

I love House Hunters! Suzanne Whang always speaks so properly. Very pronounced. I like the international one too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a great job comes up for you...

12:03 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Seriously, all bands have a myspace page, no matter how big or small. That said, Scrubs did an episode where they had air band tryouts. The Todd totally dressed as Mike Reno and lip-synced to Working for the Weekend. Good times.

I hope Wally's tummy is better, and I hope one of your interviews turns into something fantastic!

Did you do any of the editing for the new season of HGTV's Design Star?

12:22 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes on the job front.

As for the MySpace thing, I think the point I was trying to make was the huge band they were, and now they pretty much ONLY have a MySpace page. Which is cool enough for new bands, but sort of sad for one that was once so huge. At least to me.

Design Star? No. This time around, I've been working on My House Is Worth What? and National Open House.

NB - I still have questions from you in other comments and I just haven't had time to think about addressing them yet. I'll get to them eventually!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home