Monday, July 23, 2007

Thanks to everyone who has made a donation to my 5k run for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America next month. Today, I surpassed my goal of $2500 in fundraising. Of course, if you still want to contribute, please do. I'm still about $100 behind 7-year-old Mason and it's pissing me off. I suppose he does have the cute factor. A friend and I were chatting about it online the other day. He and his wife had donated to my fund, and when I told them about Mason, he looked him up on the web site. His wife, walking up behind him as he looked at Mason's web page, said, "Ooh..he's so cute!" She felt bad for him and donated $50.

So far today, I've woken up with a really bad stress headache (or perhaps from the change in pressure since it rained last night), and have what I believe is the beginnings of a chest cold. I've been laying around all day trying to decide if I want to go to work tonight or not. Since I really don't want to have to make up the missed day on one of my regular days off, I'll probably suck it up and go work tonight.

The song of the day is a little more recent than my usual picks, but it came up on my iPod today and I remembered how much I like it. It's "Love and Happiness" by John Mellencamp off his 1991 album Whenever We Wanted. This was Mellencamp's 11th album, his first after the 80s were done, and also the first that was credited solely to his given name. I always dug his stuff back in the day, but this song really struck a chord with me with it's harder, more serious edge. Check out the lyrics. They're still pretty meaningful with what's going on in the world today.

10 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Wow - really meaningful lyrics . . .

Congratulation on the $2,500! that is a huge accomplishment, and I hope you do us proud and finish in record time! Ok, run faster than me! ok, finish the race!

whatever happens, it is for a good cause

5:24 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

OMG - you have to let Mason win! I just checked out his page too . . .

5:27 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Di - You better not have made a contribution!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit- I did not, but he is just a little guy . . . ok, Mason is probably some 50 year old fat guy who just posted that photo to suck us all in

7:34 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm an idiot, I can't find Mason's page. Please help.

(I love that Bean donated.)

8:01 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I just added a hyperlink on Mason's name in the post.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

That was a pretty good song, but my favourite of John's is "Jack & Diane". Two American kids doin' the best they can...

Hope you feel better soon, T.

KJC

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol so don't donate but here is the link so you can see hoe cute he is and donate?? Come on.
Hope you feel better soon. Do you kknow anything about the movie Across the Universe? I can't decide if it looks good or if it looks like a cheesy rip off of beatles and the times their songs reflect.

1:06 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

OK, Mason's cute, but I KNOW that he couldn't spell "steroids" without some help! (JK!)

Congratulations on surpassing your pledge goal :)

I saw John Cougar in concert before he was just "Mellencamp"

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home