Sunday, July 29, 2007

I brought Wally with me to work today. We were on our own until another editor showed up around noon with his very cool dog, Max. Max is some sort of mutt that appears to be part Dalmation part who knows what, but he and Wally generally have a good time together. The other editor showed me a big rawhide bone he had brought in and said, "If this is a problem, I'll just put it up." I shook my head. "No, Wally's pretty passive about that sort of stuff." The guy set the bone on his desk and went upstairs with Max to make himself some lunch in the kitchen. I went back to work in my bay, and a few moments later, I heard Wally chewing on something out in the hallway. I poked my head out and found him, much to my dismay, chewing on the big rawhide bone that belonged to Max. He had clearly taken it off the other editor's desk. "Bad dog!" I took the bone from him and put it on my desk. When the other editor came down from the kitchen, I said to him, "As it turns out, this might be a problem, considering Wally stole it off your desk." "No problem," he said, then returned after a moment in his bay. "By the way, he ate all the food out of Max's food dish, too." I looked at Wally who gave me that innocent look of the Labrador retriever. I just can't seem to trust him with anything anymore!

The song of the day is "Cuts You Up" by Peter Murphy off his 1989 album Deep. I think this is the only song I know by the so-called Godfather of Goth. I'm not much of a goth person, but I do dig the sound of this song. And this is one of those songs that has KROQ written all over it for me. Peter Murphy formerly sang for Bauhaus, another band I don't think I've heard. (Or have I? Does anyone know any songs?) His wife's name is Beyhan, and his two children are named Hurihan and Adem. I can't tell if those are boys or girls. At first I thought, "Oh - typical worldly rock and roller with the stupid names." Then I noticed he's been living in Turkey since 1992. I imagine those are all Turkish names. My bad!

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

OMG - Hanna would eat the food in any dog dish and steal any bone! Today I was dozing on the couch and awoke to see that Sunny the puppy had come up to visit and brought a bag of chips with him from downstairs. I thought it was nice of him to share!

9:27 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Wally's a rascal!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

What a sneaky little bugger.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Wally went stealth on you... good for him.

Good Peter Murphy song - and I think it's the only one of his I know. I have heard of Bauhaus, but couldn't name a song for you.

10:05 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I thinks it's cool that you can take your dog to work. Our company has a strick ploicy against pets in the workplace.

12:12 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

He's sneaky! He's probably just happy to be able to get into trouble now that he doesn't have to wear his head cone.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bauhaus just came out with a new album today "go away white"...its BRILLIANT... you should get it since its their LAST ;)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home