Tuesday, July 24, 2007

TGIF! For me, anyways. I think I'm coming down with something, so I'm looking forward to two days off. Since I've spent most of the day napping (I'm about to leave for work), the blog today will be short and simple.

Remember how I cleaned up my front garden about a month ago, and then noticed the weeds were growing back recently? These are photos from June 21. These are photos from today. WTF with all the weeds and my jungle-like rose bushes?


And in case you were wondering, an update on my thumb:

One of my goalies is a doctor and he said I could take a small drill bit or a razor blade and puncture the nail to let the liquid out to relive pressure. I said maybe HE could do that, but I most certainly could not. He said it will take about two months before I lose the nail.

The song of the day is "All The Love" by the Outfield off their 1985 debut album Play Deep. This is a great album and this is one of the many great songs on that album. Unfortunately, as much as I love the band, I don't think they ever really followed it up with anything worth mentioning. But this, like the rest of their early music, is true Brit-Pop, pure and simple.

7 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

You mean you don't want to perform surgery on yourself with unsterile instruments and no anesthesia? Geez, I can't imagine why!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Oh honey - I know a guy who did that to a toe nail with a drill - just a bad, bad idea all around. I have to check out the jungle photos again to offer some advice, though I like things kind of jungle-ly just not with weeds

I got an email from CCFA - do you get an iPod nano for raising over 2,500? And I see Mason beat you out for the Disneyland package . . .

5:11 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Ok, you need to do something in the area around the roses - how about pulling the weeds and spreading some redwood chips or stones? that won't eliminate the problem entirely, but it will help

5:14 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Yikes, maybe you can go in so the doc. can numb your thumb and drain that to get the pressure off.

I agree with Diane on adding stones to your garden. Wally might make a mess out of the chips though.

9:41 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oooh, that thumb looks sore. I had a friend who had her dad drill her fingernail to relieve the pressure. She still lost the nail, and it looked 10x worse with a giant drill hole in it.

Feel better (both thumb and potential cold)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

My doctor suggested doing the same thing to my toenail, but said it's best to do it when it's tender and soft. I thansked the doctor anyway and figured I would just wait for it to fall off. Still waiting...

In roder to get rid of the weeds, you have to get to the roots. You need to get deep into the soil and turn it over. When I did mine earlier this month, I used a pick axe to get to the roots of some elephant ear plants I wanted gone. Since that's such a small area, it probably wouldn't take more than a few minutes. Rocks would look good there.

Good Outfield song and very good CD from start to finish.

8:58 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Since I'm reading this on Wednesday, this is a friendly reminder that it's Wally Wednesday.

Re: your garden - Just a suggestion, but if you work a different (yet small) portion of your garden every other week or so, then it doesn't get out of control and you don't need to spend all day (or a couple of days) getting it back in shape.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home