Thursday, July 19, 2007

As you know from reading my blog, I'm quite the gadget girl. Perhaps it comes from my 1/4 Chinese background. You must have noticed that the Asians go to a whole new level when it comes to electronic gadgets. Here's a couple I've come across on the web this week.

From Korean Samsung, the new SCH-B750, unveiled only in Korea thus far. It's the perfect phone for the YouTube crazy world. Now, instead of only being able to shoot crappy video with your phone, you can now shoot crappy video AND edit it, adding music, titles and the like, and then upload it directly to a video web site such as YouTube. The phone shoots 320x240 MPEG4 video, and will cost around $650.

And from Japanese Fujitsu, the F704i. You know how sometimes you're sitting around the pool with your phone, and you think to yourself, "If only I could get in the pool AND underwater and talk on my phone. Now THAT would be awesome!" Well, now you can. In addition to being only 1.8mm thick, the phone can be submerged within a few feet of water for up to half an hour. It also has a camera, a music player, and something called a "bath massage program." I'm not sure I'd ever want to borrow anyone's phone if it was this one.

And finally, a video someone e-mailed me this week. If you haven't seen it, stick with it. It's worth the payoff at the end. It's about 5 minutes long, so be prepared. And turn the volume up so you can enjoy the music!



The song of the day is "What You Need" by INXS off their 1985 album Listen Like Thieves. I loved their older stuff and always thought they had a rather unique sound. Despite memorable early songs like "The One Thing" and "Don't Change," Thieves, their 5th album, is considered their commercial breakthrough. I had a friend who really got into this band when this album came out, and I remember her mom saying, "What are they called? Inks?"

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

pretty f'ing amazing!!!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Does the phone come with that chick? Because I would buy it!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I love INXS but none of my friends "get" my obsession with their music. The Michael Hutchence era, not this JD Fortune bullsh*t.

I am not a gadget-girl. My new cell phone takes photos and I'm thrilled! :)

Do you still love your iPhone?

7:22 AM  
Blogger NB said...

I've seen that video-incredible!

8:44 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I saw INXS @ The Greek back in the day. They were a great live band. I gotta admit, I was kind of offended when they went on TV to replace Hutchens. And I don't offend easily.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Now Edit know how much of a huge INXS fan I am, so I want to thank her for the song of the day. I hadn't thought much about them until they did the reality show to get a new lead singer. I was against the idea at first, but after seeing them in concert three times since JD Fortune was named the new lead singer, I'll have to admit, I really like his sound. I also loved their new CD "Switch".

Time to go swimming with my phone...

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home