Monday, February 11, 2008

Not even a month and a half into the New Year and celebrities are dropping like flies. When I first read the news, I was ecstatic because I thought that Rob Schneider had died, but then I realized it was Roy Schieder who died yesterday at the age of 75. Scheider was nominated twice for the Oscar and is best known as his role of small time police chief Martin Brody in "Jaws" and his role as choreographer Joe Gideon in "All That Jazz." Truly, he was known for many roles, including those he played in "Marathon Man," "Still Of The Night," and "The French Connection." I've always really enjoyed Scheider's work and am sad to see him go. A lot of the actors I grew up watching are all getting to that age, and I'm sure we'll say good bye to many more of them in the years to come.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

He was great in Jaws

6:46 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

He played on Seaquest....I loved that show!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today (2/12) is Tiffany's b'day! Happy birthday!!!!

6:55 AM  
Blogger LA said...

You were born on Lincoln's birthday? Happy birthday, Edit!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I really enjoyed Roy's work on SeaQuest, and didn't even know he was ill with cancer when I first heard that he died.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

"Show me the way to go home
I'm tired and I wanna go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
and it went straight to my head"
--love that song/scene

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home