Saturday, February 02, 2008

On the way to my tax accountant's this morning, I saw a line of people queued up down the street. Because I was in Burbank, I thought they might be lined up waiting to get into a taping...except I wasn't close to a studio. As I got closer, I realized they were waiting for a store to open. I thought maybe it was a Warehouse or something and people were lined up waiting for concert tickets for some hot new band to go on sale. Then, aghast, I realized that these 50 people were all lined up outside a knitting store. I knew knitting had gotten really popular. (How could I not?) But seriously...lined up on a Saturday morning waiting for a knitting store to open?

My tax appointment went great, much better than expected. Since I've been freelancing a lot this year, a high percentage of my income had been paid 10-99, without taxes being taken out. My accountant worked his magic and managed to cover much of that with work expenses, and I'm actually still getting money back, which is always better than having to pay more money.

So what's everyone doing this weekend? Those of you who aren't camped outside knitting stores?

5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That's funny about the knitting store!! I'm packing, fun huh?

7:55 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

That IS funny about the knitting store, is knitting a new Hollywood thing? Not just for grandmas anymore :)

Haven't quite geared up do do our taxes yet...we ended up oweing a lot last year...less writeoffs now that the kids are older.

9:05 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, knitting has been totally hot for about five years. The reason there was a line is because the store was having a huge sale. The store I shop at has a similar situation 1-2x a year.

Knitting's totally not for grammas... check it out:
http://www.knithappens.com/

10:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Ditto what la said - when the store has a big sale, it is a zoo! I've seen a woman nearly pass out at a yarn sale

I bought new eyeglasses!

11:42 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Kat - I guess I should be happy that I'm working this weekend. I loathe packing.

Netrunner - What LA said - very popular here in SoCal.

Diane - Awesome! So you can see now??

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home