Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wow, am I tired! My friend, Mark, and I left town around 10pm last night and headed up the mountain. I realized about an hour away that I had forgotten to put some wintery shoes on for the snow and ice, and I had only brought my Vans with me. When we stopped in Running Springs to get gas, I full on fell on my ass stepping into the quickie mart. Thus far, that's the worst bruise I have. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

On the up side, I only fell about two times all day, and both of those were at the end of the afternoon. When the lifts stopped, we headed back to the cabin where I soaked in the hot tub then took a shower, followed by a nap on the couch in front of the tv. My legs were toast at the end of the day. I've never ridden two days in a row, so we'll see what sort of shape I'm in tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's Wally being super cute and super needy at work. (Note to self: take more interesting pictures of Wally).


Oh! I almost forgot to mention this. You may remember when I was there on Dec. 13, I lost my camera in the snow. Or somewhere. It fell out of my pocket. I filed a report but never heard from them and assumed someone had found it and just walked off with it. Well, yesterday afternoon when I was still in L.A., I got a call from the Snow Summit Security Office. They found a camera they thought might be mine and wanted me to "describe the camera." Other than giving them the color and model number, I couldn't think of any significant way to describe it but told the guy I'd be up there the next day anyway. I went into the office this afternoon and it sure looked like my camera and had the same size memory card in it. The woman in the office wanted me to look at the photos on it to confirm it was my camera. The thing is, I erase my card whenever I go somewhere new, and I hadn't taken any photos with it yet when I lost it. This camera had two photos on it of guys I didn't know, but one of them was a ski patrol guy. We decided someone in the office had probably snapped a couple of photos to see if the camera was still working, and since I actually happened to be there in the flesh, she figured she might as well let me take it. The bummer is that while they only called me yesterday, the camera had actually been turned in to Lost and Found only two days after I'd reported it missing. It took them all this time to match up found items with the "lost" forms. In the meantime, I already spent $300 on a new camera.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

That's really awesome that you got your camera back. Maybe now you can take pictures of you falling.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

That was nice of someone to turn it in. All photos if Wally are interesting!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home