Saturday, February 09, 2008

Since I've been freelancing at the company I work at right now, they've never bothered to set me up with a company specific e-mail address. This is fine with me, because really don't want to have to go through all the mass e-mailings to all employees that really don't pertain to me at all. While surfing the internet today, I clicked on a hyperlink to send an e-mail to someone and it opened the Entourage software on the laptop in my office. Lo and behold, I discovered I now had a login to receive mail on the company server. It looks like they set it up for me a few weeks ago and never bothered to let me know. In my inbox, along with several messages of the variety I mentioned above, was an e-mail from the IT guy to let me know I now had company e-mail. (I'm not sure what the emoticon is for confusion, but if I knew it, I'd insert it here). In other words, he sent me a message to an account I didn't know existed to tell me that it did, in fact, exist. I shake my head and sigh.

For you readers not in Southern California, it was 80 degrees today when I took my lunch break. The weather should be in the 70s for the next week, although it's in the 40s at night, which means I'm constantly switching my car settings from heated seats to air conditioning.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Ah, the proverbial Catch-22 . . .

I start the mornings in all wool and end the day in shorts

10:13 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - My hospital's IT department works pretty much the same way. They'll take our system down and send an email to tell you it's up. Except of course you never find out the system is up because you can't receive the email while you believe the system is down. We've had a million variations on this theme. There used to be a sign in front of the doctors' dining room that read "Computer Solution Center."

12:34 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That's classic!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

We've been experiencing schizophrenic weather up here in Southeastern Ontario, too. In mid January, it was so warm, the snow was quickly melting away and the grass was turning green. A week later the temp plummeted to -22 F we had a record snowfall that reached my kneecaps. :-(

KJC (congrats on the game)

3:45 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Its -23 here. Seriously. Seriously.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...



Domestic abuse often escalates from threats and verbal abuse to violence
And while physical injury may be the most obvious danger, the emotional and
psychological consequences of domestic abuse are also severe.
Emotionally abusive relationships can destroy your self-worth, lead to

anxiety and depression, and make you feel helpless and alone.
No one should have to endure this kind of pain—and your first step to breaking free is
recognizing that your situation is abusive. Once you acknowledge the reality of the
abusive situation, then you can get the help you need.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Mira said...

BYDlenÍ

10:44 AM  
Blogger Hero said...

Buy Ketamine Online,

Ketamines for anxiety,

1:45 AM  
Blogger AR Rahman said...

Placidyl 500mg,
Placidyl 500mg,

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home