Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I called in to the Juror call center around 11pm last night and was notified I did, in fact, need to report to the courthouse this morning at 7:45 am. There are several different reasons why this sucked. First off, I had to work until after 1am, and since I needed to get downtown in the morning, I had to get up at 6am. On 4 hours of sleep (I'm a 9 hour person) I found the parking at the Disney Center, then was informed the walk to the correct courthouse was approximately 4 full city blocks away. I ran in the direction of the courthouse, made it through security and up to the juror waiting area on time. As I sat there, going through my paperwork, I noticed something. I had not followed or read the directions very well. I'd had my doctor fill out his portion of my summons back in January and was under the impression I had to report and show it to them. Not so - I could have mailed it in back in January.

I eventually got over to the right office where they accepted my doctor's note as not an excuse but as a deferment - they scheduled another date for me in September, 6 months from now. So I'm only off the hook for the time being. I was sort of hoping the note would get off for good for the year.

I turned around and headed home where I arrived around 10am. I took my clothes off as I walked up the stairs and fell right back into bed. I didn't wake up until 2pm. At that point, I felt totally disoriented (where am I?) and my body clock is off now (what time is it?). Now I'm at work until 1am.

On the upside, I heard today that my schedule may be changing in about two weeks. I'll tell you more about it when I know more.

Oh...and the Canucks lost to the Avalanche tonight for their third straight loss. (As a matter of fact, I don't believe they've won since I left Canada). They were tied 2-2 when someone from the Avs scored who had NOT SCORED IN 50 GAMES. Avs won 3-2. Sigh. I think I picked the wrong team to adopt to replace the Kings.

7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I have not been happy on the hockey front, the Sabres just haven't been doing as good as I want them to.

I would hate working the hrs that you do! Although its awesome that you can take Wally to work!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

If you've denounced the Kings, then I have to reject you totally.

Kat, I don't know how you haven't pulled out your hair this year following the Sabres. They're so tough to figure out. At least with the Kings, they suck on a consistant basis.

3:15 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Kings fan - I've not denounced the Kings so nothing to worry about. I've just been trying to find another team I can also root for where I can actually enjoy the game being played.

3:18 PM  
Blogger LA said...

To further add to your body clock blues (and mine), Daylight Saving Time starts this weekend.

5:06 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - mother fucker. Also, I'm glad to see you said "Daylight Saving" or somewhere, Bean would have gone apoplectic.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Daylight Saving Time used to be the weekend nearest to my birthday - 4/28 - now it's the second weekend in March? Yikes!

5:32 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - Hal Fishman would be rolling over in his grave, I guess "Savings" was a pet peeve of his.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home