Thursday, May 22, 2008

It seems like only yesterday that I picked Wally up from his mom and brought him to Los Angeles. He was 12 weeks old and already 25 lbs. I'd never seen such a cute puppy. It's hard to believe he's already eight years old, but he's still as cute as ever. Here are some photos from his birthday party this afternoon.


Wally got plenty of cake, even hand fed!


Friends Mobay and Stryder shared in the cake eating festivities...


And I think Wally thought the rain was delivered just for him!


Speaking of rain, man did it come down all of a sudden this afternoon! Total summer storm. The thunder and lightening were so loud and bright, it reminded me of when I used to live in Olympia, WA near McChord Air Force Base where they practiced live bombing. The clap of the thunder and the cracking flash of the lightening reminded me of the scene in Poltergeist where the kid is terrified alone in his room, counting the seconds between the thunder and the lightening. And then the terrifying life-like tree reaches through his window and yanks him through the glass. It occurred to me that I might want to move away from my window. If I had turned around to find a clown sitting on my futon behind me, I would have lost it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Wow, they make dog cakes look good enough for us to eat. Looks like Wally and friends had a good time in sharing his birthday cake. Give Wally a back rub from me.

The rain was awesome! Didn't get any lightning, but I really enjoyed the thunder. What's weird is that it's stopped and it as bright outside as it would be at noon. And it's 7:15 at night!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Wow! Wally had quite the celebration today! That cake does look good!

I love/hate thunderstorms. The storms in Kansas and Arkansas really scared me at times because of the tornado threats.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Where was Wally's breeder?

Happy Birthday big guy from Hanna and Samantha!

7:28 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wally's breeder was in Acton, CA. He cried all the way home. So basically, he's of Canadian descent but from a white trash neighborhood.

10:57 AM  
Blogger LA said...

This weather is nuts. It was only a week ago I was suffering the heat. I gotta admit, sans the tornados, I'm much happier this week, although I gotta think there are some beautiful 75-degree days waiting for us all.

Looks like Wally's party was a hit!

3:28 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Wally had an awesome cake! Happy birthday big guy! (a sratch behind the ears and a hug from Auntie!)

What! No pinata?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Wally the Wonderdog!

Nice to see his eye is all better.

KJC

9:36 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Wally, If you were a Jehovah's Witness, I'd make sure no one tried to celebrate your unwanted pagan birthday.

Happy belated birthday Wally. Your mom is totally awesome for getting you a cake and having a party on your behalf. Tell you mom "hello" for me!

Ryan

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home