Monday, May 12, 2008

Wally's eye looks marginally better today but I'm still not happy with it. I had to keep him coned all day while I worked because he can't be trusted not to scratch at his eye or rub it up against something. When my maid showed up this afternoon, I heard her laughing at him because he gets so happy to see her he goes a little crazy, and he was banging the cone all over the place. As my friend says, it may not be a funny situation, but it's hard not to laugh at a dog in a cone.

Right now I'm in the middle of watching a movie called The Savages on DVD. It stars Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman as siblings trying to deal with their estranged elderly father who now suffers from dementia. Yeah, as you can guess, it's really light and funny. I love Philip Seymour Hoffman, though, so I'm compelled to keep watching. I actually really like this type of dark drama, though it's rather sad and makes me think I should have had kids so I'd have someone to take care of me when I am elderly and demented. I guess I'll have to keep bribing my nephews.

Speaking of nephews, my sister reminded me today that one of the twins is graduating next month. Unfortunately, his graduation happens the week my other sister and my mom will be here visiting me, so we're all going to miss it. To be honest, his graduation sort of snuck up on me. All of a sudden, my little nephew is all grown up and ready to graduate from high school. I know it sounds really cliché to say this, but it really does seem like only yesterday that the twins were born and now they're turning into men. Congratulations, Zac, on your upcoming commencement!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

My niece graduated from college- talk about feeling old.... not to mention the fact that my sis wanted to fix you up with my nephew... LOL

12:25 PM  
Blogger LA said...

My sister just watched The Savages over the weekend and liked it. It's in my queue.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home