Saturday, May 17, 2008

I wish I had something exciting to write, but it's been a pretty boring and uneventful day. It's been super hot outside so Wally and I have spent most of our time at home with the air conditioning on.

I see Prince Caspian is out in the theaters now so maybe I'll go see it before the weekend is over. I absolutely loved the Chronicles of Narnia and have read them in their entirety probably 7 or 8 times. I was really happy with the way they did The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and as long as they continue making movies from this series of books, I'll continue to see them. Ironman looks really good, too, and I've always been a fan of Robert Downey Jr. And...ooh...I can't wait for the new Indiana Jones, even if Harrison Ford IS getting old.

Has anyone seen anything good, or are you looking forward to seeing anything this summer?

8 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Tonight I watched P.S. I Love You. I thought it would be better than it was.

I am really looking fwd to seeing S and the City and the new Indiana Jones movie.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I'm a huge Get Smart fan, but the trailers look like it's going to be a disaster. Too bad, because I was excited when I heard Steve Carell was signed on to play Maxwell Smart.

10:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Neil Flynn (Janitor on Scrubs) is in Indiana Jones.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I would like to see Iron Man and Indy on the big screen. Like king's fan, I'm hoping Get Smart is better than it looks . . .

I've never read any of the Narnia books

6:11 AM  
Blogger Working Girl Two said...

i can't wait to see the new narnia movie!

also, can't wait to see the SATC movie next week and iron man. i heard it was so good!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Four movies I fully intend to see before they leave theatres:

Iron
Sex
Narnia
Indy

10:42 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I've seen Ironman twice. Good movie. (Be sure to stay until the end of the credits for a Nick Fury/Avengers clip between Downy and Jackson.) I'm WAY too excited for Indy to come out... I have the countdown on my blog. Woot! :)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Eric Anderson said...

We saw Prince Caspian last weekend. Thought it might be a bit intense for my 6 year old, but dude was GLUED to the screen. We're talking jaw-dropped, "blink, son, blink" type stuff!!

I was a huge fan of the Narnia series as a wee one too, and really liked Lion, Witch, Wardrobe. I read a terrible review the day before we saw PC and even thought about not going because of it.

Don't know if it was my low expectations or just cause I loved the books, but I actually thought it was a good movie. I can see the reviewers point that it seemed to lose some of the "magic" of the first movie, and it did seem a bit formulaic, but overall, worth the time.

Heck, just seeing my kid's face was worth it!

Agree with everyones' thoughts on Get Smart. If those are the best snippets they got for previews, that movie is in trouble! What a shame.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home