Sunday, May 18, 2008

It is HOOOOOTTT today. I was bored, so I slathered on a ton of sun screen and headed out to explore on my scooter. Since I can't take it on the freeway, I wanted to see where I could go on surface streets besides Pasadena. I headed down Colorado thinking I'd go into Glendale or maybe even Burbank when I saw Figueroa come up. I thought, "Is that THE Fig?" so I followed it, hoping to make it all the way into downtown. It eventually ran out, but did take me close enough to figure out how to get there, and before long, I was tooling around Chinatown in the heat. Since I can get into downtown, that opens up Hollywood and pretty much everything else to me - it just means it would take hours to get there. But today, I had nothing but time so it was fun to explore. I went through Highland Park and part of South Pasadena and had basically shadowed the route the Gold Line takes into downtown and back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That sounds like fun! It's raining and cold here AGAIN!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

My neighbors are moving to Canada and have a Vespa . . . I was thinking of finding out if they are taking it or selling it . . .

It would be cool for tooling around town

3:34 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you are enjoying your scooter.

8:42 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Fun fact: You can take Rosemead Blvd all the way down to Long Beach. It turns into Lakewood Blvd in Downey (I think it changes names when you cross the 5).

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home