Thursday, May 15, 2008

First off...ow. My quads are sore from running the other day and now I have some nice shin splints. That'll teach me for trying to get back into shape!

I've finally been able to watch some playoff hockey. I assume it's because the finals are drawing closer and the games are becoming easier to find. Both the Eastern and Western conference finals looked like they'd be sweeps. However, last night the Dallas Stars came back to win one against Detroit, and tonight the Philadelphia Flyers came out with 3 goals in the first period and defeated Pittsburgh 4-2. Both losses force a game five in both series. I want the Penguins to win, but at this point, I'm just happy to be watching hockey. The more games the better. Oh...and am I the only one who thinks Sidney Crosby is suddenly hot with his post season facial hair?

Meanwhile, in the IIFH (International Ice Hockey Federation) quarter-finals yesterday, Swiss defensemen Rafael Diaz and Phillipe Furer both put pucks into their own net scoring two own goals in the first 7 minutes of their game against Russia. Russia ended up taking the game 6-0. Yes, I told Madeline she should consider moving to Switzerland. If you're unfamiliar with the IIFH and think it might be junior or amateur hockey, think again - players for Russia include NHLers Ilya Kovalchuk, Sergei Federov and Alexander Ovechkin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Can't get enough Hockey! When I lived in Dallas I was just down the street from where the Stars trained.

Worried for Wally!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Wow! An all-hockey post. Amazing! Um, Sid the Kid barely has any hair on his face. It's also kind of funny when he tries to rough it up with anyone because he looks like a little by against all the men with full beards.

I just hope each series goes seven games so we can prolong the season.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I'm routing for Pittsburgh!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home