Sunday, June 29, 2008

I've been watching a lot of DVDs lately since there hasn't been much on TV to watch. The film for tonight is called Day Zero, starring Elijah Wood, Jon Bernthal and Chris Kline. It takes place in a fictional New York Post 911 where the draft has been reinstated. Wood, Bernthal and Kline star as three friends who have all been drafted, and the movie follows them through their 30 days before reporting for duty. The film manages to subtly sidestep the politics behind the war and focuses on the characters themselves as they work their way through their fears as Day Zero approaches. I thought it was a good film and the story moved me - what would it be like if the draft were reinstated? It also stars several other actors of note - Ally Sheedy, Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men), Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love), and Sofia Vasselieva (Medium).

Wally and I spent the day at work with nothing much to report. I look forward to the three day weekend and actually hope I get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home