Sunday, July 13, 2008

It never rained here last night, and it's still hot and muggy out. I turned on the a/c less for the heat and more for the humidity.

I watched the season premiere of Saving Grace today. If you haven't heard of it, it's a drama on TNT (who has been doing some very decent shows the last couple of years) starring Holly Hunter. I love Hunter, so I knew I had to give the show a shot. I have to admit, I found the story a little hard to follow at times. I actually thought it was a new series and didn't realize until later that this is the second season, which explains a lot! Besides Hunter, the show features a pretty decent ensemble cast including Laura San Giacomo (Just Shoot Me!), Tom Irwin (My So-Called Life) and Kenny Johnson (The Shield) taking the role of Ham (as opposed to Lem), Hunter's boyfriend. I think I'll stick with it for now, although renting the first season may not be a bad idea!

While channel surfing today, I came across Reno 911. I forgot how much I like that show. In the 30 seconds I was parked on it, one of the female officers was heading up a "scared straight" program and had high school students at the morgue. She pulled up a sheet to show a dead body and explained, "This man was driving drunk...COMMA...without knowing how to do it right."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

So are you watching last season's Saving Grace? I was thinking yes cause you said series premier. I have been thinking of watching it but hate picking it up in the middle. I have been catching up on mad men. I don't think I could watch the closer as that accent just is awful.

5:12 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Aah...I'm an idiot. I thought it was a new show. That could explain why it was hard to follow!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I like the Closer more than Saving Grace, but will give another try this season . . . it definitely has a good cast.

I don't watch Reno 911 regularly, but I LOVE that show whenever I stumble upon it.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I chose to pass on Saving Grace from the outset, and I think I'll stick with staying away. Don't find anything funny about Reno 911 so I know I'n not missing anything there. I tried to watch Burn Notice, but just didn't like the lead character. And what's the deal with his pain in the ass mom?

11:04 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I heard the Closer was good on TNT. I'm a loser and only really watch Big Brother in the summer...

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home