Saturday, July 12, 2008

One cool thing about living in the San Gabriel foothills is watching lightning storms around this time of year. I saw on the weather report this morning that they were expecting thunder storms over in Wrightwood and Big Bear on the other side of the hills today. Driving home this evening, straight at the mountains, I saw a beautiful spectacle of white bursts as lightning flashed on the horizon. By the time I got home and took Wally out for some fetch, the lightning bolts were visible in the sky and I could hear thunder, so the storm must be getting closer. It's been muggy all week, so we could use a little torrential downpour to clear everything out. I'm thinking of sitting out on my patio tonight to watch some more of it. It's too bad I can't capture it with my camera.

Last night at the ice rink, the goalie of another team (not the team we were playing) got knocked out cold during her game. From what I understand, she collided with someone rushing in to the goal and was knocked backwards where she hit the back of her head either on the ice or the goal post and went right out. She must have been out for close to 10 minutes. They called 911 and firemen showed up. They eventually got her onto a board, stabilized her neck, and took her to the hospital. I think she came to right around the time they picked her up off the ice. So, on the downside, a player was unconscious on the ice. On the upside, there were hot firemen in the house. I wonder if that can be considered an even switch?

4 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

I love a good lightning show, especially after it's been hot and muggy. Today we were at my dad's. They have huge leafy old trees in their back yard...It was a whole 20degrees cooler sitting under those trees!

10:30 PM  
Blogger LA said...

There are flash flood warnings by you tonight. Did you ever get the downpour? It's a little cloudy here, but mostly very still.

I hope that player is okay. Losing consciousness is not good.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

from her perspective probably no.

6:45 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Nope - never rained here. :(

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home