Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Welcome to Wally Wednesday! Here he is earlier this week, after I swept the floor. It's shedding season, and Wally is going at it with full force! By the way, that's just what came off the hard floors - it doesn't count all the hair in the carpets. Eew!


Since Grace ate the power cable to my DSL modem and I can't be without the internet because of work, I had to go out and find a new power cable today. I did, at Best Buy, for $28. I came in and plugged it in and was good to go...for about two hours, when I noticed my internet was down again. When I went downstairs to check the modem, I couldn't believe it when I found she had bitten through the power cord AGAIN!! I think Gracie has 9 lives. I must admit, I spent some time wondering how long it would take to get the smell of burnt dog out of your house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 year old Husky/Greyhound mix is on harness #4 right now. I don't know what it is, but she won't leave them alone if we are foolish enough to leave it on her when she's in the house and turn our backs on her for the smallest amount of time.
We've also lost a few pairs of jeans and a pillowcase or 2. Oh, and a stuffed animal.

-saladbats

11:20 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Have you tried a product called Bitter Apple? It's what my sister used when her dog was a puppy. Apparently, it tastes like shit (and is also nontoxic), so you spray it on the things the dogs want to chew and it stops them in their tracks. When my brother/wife got Ruby, the dog trainer told them to literally buy 50 toys of differing textures. It really worked, Ruby's chew instinct was totally satisfied by her toys. She really loved those really thick ropes for chomping and chewing.

Good luck!

Hi Wally!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home