Sunday, August 31, 2008

I love Ricky Gervais. I thought Extras was brilliant (at least the first season) and I'm also a fan of the original Office, the brain child of Gervais and his writing partner Stephen Merchant. I think it's a shame that, to date, I believe his biggest U.S. role has been a bit part in Night at the Museum. Lately, I've been seeing movie posters around town with his face on them and finally looked it up on the internet. The movie is called Ghost Town, and stars Gervais with Tea Leoni and Greg Kinnear. The tag line is: "He sees dead people...and is annoyed by them." Just my sort of character! The film comes out in September and the trailer looks reasonably funny so I'm looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I've seen a few TV spots for that film, looks worth seeing. Ricky Gervais is a comic genius.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I agree with la. I love both versions of the Office, and Gervais was freakin' brilliant in the BBC version.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home