Monday, September 01, 2008

Aargh! I have to report for stupid jury duty tomorrow. I hope to god I don't get selected for actual service. Just missing one day of work is going to be a problem for me. I also hadn't taken into consideration what to do with a questionably house broken dog in the house for a long period of time while I'm gone. Thankfully, my neighbor will be around to let them out, even though Stryder and Gracie are STILL not getting along. We tried taking them for a walk together today and didn't accomplish much. It's rough when Wally's BFF doesn't get along with his new little sister. To top things off, Wally has a nasty hot spot on his neck and I've finally resorted to coning him this evening. He's pulled off nearly all his fur around it, poor guy. And if Gracie keeps licking at her incision spot from her spaying, she may get coned tomorrow, too. Sigh. I'm off to bed. I have to be in freaking downtown Los Angeles at 7:30 in the morning. Grrr....

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

From the photos, Gracie hardly looks like she fancies herself an alpha female. Tell Stryder to knock it off.

My friend who works for a rescue group and often fosters dogs says almost all of the time, dogs will figure out that they need to get along and will work things out.

Hanna and Sam had some rough spots in the early days and now are the best of friends.

Fingers crossed u get excused early from the jury pool.

10:21 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Yeah, it's always an adjustment when you bring new pets into the fold.

Good luck downtown today.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

When I brought my cat Jon home, my other cat Allie wouldn't come out of a closet for an entire week! It was so upsetting but she finally got over it.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home