Monday, August 25, 2008

I've been working on a side project that shoots on a specific type of tape. Because of this, I can't use my regular DV camera to digitize the footage into my computer. I needed to get a specific brand of camera and I thought I could save some money by buying a used one on eBay. I was able to get one inexpensively, but started to have problems with the seller not shipping the item. He "had a family emergency" which delayed shipping it, then he supposedly shipped it but it came back to him inexplicably, then he promised to ship it Priority Mail and it still wasn't here a week later. I was starting to worry I'd have to file a complaint with eBay or PayPal to get a resolution. The camera finally showed up on Friday (not shipped Priority Mail, by the way).

I opened up the box and began to examine the camera. Other than being obviously used, it seemed ok. I wanted to check the playback of the camera and opened the cassette door to put a new tape in only to discover there was already a tape still in the camera. I thought, geez...this guy has been a total pain in the ass and now I'm going to have to go through the trouble of sending his tape back to him. Then I hit PLAY on the tape...and saw the person I assumed to be the seller, drunk, with two drunk, chubby female friends who were flashing the camera at his direction and playing with each others nipples. Yeah, classy. I'm trying to figure out exactly how to fill out his eBay Feedback.

7 Comments:

Blogger Randy Roadz said...

Are ya shitting me?

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that the accepted protocol is uploading the video to youtube and putting the url link in the ebay feedback.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

I think I can safely quote my Mom here, "What is wrong with people?"

6:55 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I think james is correct.

7:13 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Yup. What James said.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally agree with James. It's brilliant. And no wonder it took the guy so long to ship it, he wasn't trying to screw you, he is just a moron!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

YouTube all the way!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home