Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Wally Wednesday everyone! Here he is, having fun at the lake yesterday afternoon!


I received a letter the other day welcoming me to the English department at University of Texas Arlington, so I e-mailed the department adviser. She said I could meet with her BEFORE taking the Texas assessment (THEA) exam. The THEA is basically the SAT all over again, which I have no choice but to study for and hope to place high enough to only take one math class. I had basically given up on returning to school because the thought of having to spend three months trying to study before starting school in the fall was a little overwhelming.

I spent at least an hour with my adviser, a very cool lady who moved to Dallas from NYC in the 70s and still asks herself why on a daily basis. The prognosis for finishing my degree isn't as bad as it seems. For starters, I can avoid some of the out of state tuition cost by going to a local community college for the next year until I've fulfilled my residency requirement and pick up some of the other lower divisional credits I still need to complete my degree. I then found out that the community college will waive the placement test with my Associate's Degree (the only thing it has EVER been useful for). I'll still have to take the THEA to go to UTA, but I won't be enrolled there until summer 2010, and will have the year to study. I'm hoping to get over to the Community College and complete my registration later today or tomorrow, depending on my schedule. Did I mention I am required to take a class on Texas politics and government to obtain my degree here?

On a side note, I downloaded BlogWriter for my iPhone yesterday to keep up on my blog reading. It sucks. I have yet to be able to read a blog. Is this working for anyone else?

3 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Sometimes I really wish I had a dog!

Good luck with all the school work!

6:54 PM  
Blogger chellebelle said...

Consider the fodder for hilarity after the Texas political class...there is always a silver lining!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Didn't know about blogwriter! I'll check it out

and good luck with school!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home