Monday, November 27, 2006

Jesus Christ, people...it's just f-ing rain! No need to drive 5 mph, just try to drive like a sane person! Rain in Los Angeles has the same effect as a foot of snow in any other city. It took me an hour and a half to get to work this morning. Well...Wally was happy. He did get to play fetch in the pouring rain this morning, and I had to take the time to towel him off before he could go back in the house. I should have known it would rain today. Just as with a car - I washed the dog yesterday.

I took this cool picture while breaking in my new mountain bike above Pasadena yesterday:

I'm going to the Kings game tonight. I hear the rain is tapering off by this evening, so hopefully, it won't be such a nightmare trying to get to the Staples Center. They play the Devils. We'll see if the good Kings or the bad Kings show up for the game. (Lately, it's been more of the latter).

Song of the day is "Tom Sawyer" by Rush off the 1981 album Moving Pictures. Much to my friend Jason's dismay, this is the only song I have ever really liked by Rush. (I think every other day I saw him in junior high, he had either a Rush or a Who t-shirt on). If you watched Family Guy last night, you saw a very funny reference to drummer Neil Peart and this song.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Any song sung by Geddy Lee is a bad one in my book . . . Rush is a band I just don't like - at all. But on a happy note, that is a spectacular photograph

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering I don't know much about Rush (not my kind of music), the comment on Family Guy is now funnier. I just didn't know who Stewie was referring to, but now I do.

Kings? Who would go to a Kings game?

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Diane - I had such hope for you. You listed "The Station Agent" in your movie list. You Listed "To Kill a Mockingbird" in your book list, along with David Sedaris and John Steinbeck. But now comes this Rush thing.

I'm SO disappointed.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me up above, by the way.

And that is indeed a wonderful photo.

6:43 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm a total prog rock fan, and it's funny that some prog rock fans are total Rush freaks and some (usually opposing) are Yes freaks. I'm more in the Yes category, though I have Moving Pictures and have seen Rush in concert. I guess you can say I ride the fence among proggers which is relatively rare. Okay, I'm babbling...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

anon - sorry - but listening to Geddy sing is like fingernails on a blackboard to me . . .

But I am going to see Sedaris in April!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home