Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ever since "The Shield" hit the airwaves, I've heard nothing but great things about it. Unfortunately, I missed the first few episodes and didn't want to jump into the middle of a series. Next thing I know, it's several years later, and the show is still on the air. A friend loaned me Season 1 to watch when I was recuperating from surgery over Christmas. By the time I got the DVDs, I was feeling much better, and never found time to get started on them, but I finally watched the pilot yesterday. All I can say is it's a great show and everything everyone says about it is true. I usually don't notice editing, but I did notice the show was really well cut and thought it would be fun to work on. If you're like me and have never watched the series, a gritty police drama, I recommend renting the first season to watch.

If you're interested in travel, check out this website. The writer, Leah, is the girlfriend of a friend of mine. She recently quit her job as a chef and left the country to travel the world for 10 months by herself. She's been in Thailand since she left, and is now headed to Vietnam. It's a really interesting read and it will definitely make you want to travel.

It's Wally Wednesday, so here's a photo of the little man. This is one of my favorite photos. I thought for sure I had published it before, but I don't think I have. One great thing about Labradors is how good they are with kids, especially little ones. This is Wally with my neighbor's daughter, Sofie. She loves Wally, and often asks if he can come out and play. She always points out that "Wally is very soft." How very true.

The song for the day is "Bearing Witness" by Athens, Georgia rockers Dreams So Real. It comes from their 1988 album Rough Night In Jericho. I don't think this band ever broke very big, but I came across this album when I was working in radio and stole it from the small station I was working for (hey - they were never going to play it). This is actually a great album if you can find it. They have a very nice sound and this album is a good example of music as it transitioned from the 80s to the 90s.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw!!! Wally and Sophie look so cute!!!!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

If you though the first episode of The Shield's first season was good, wait until they get into it deeper. I always watch the previous season before the start of the new one, just so I am caught up again when it starts up. I believe after this season, they have decided to do one more, so this appears to be a pivotal season.

Curious about your song of the day, considering I haven't heard of it. I might have to look into it more.

Wally is awesome!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

great photo! It's true what you say about Labs - I trust Hanna with any kid, any time.

The Shield is good - I watched it off and on the first 2 seasons - and not to worry, it's not that hard to catch on to

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Shield is one of my favorite shows on television. The writing and acting is top notch.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home