Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just to keep you all up to date, it's now been a month and four days since my tonsillectomy. My throat is still sore every day, especially in the morning when I wake up. According to the doctor, this is totally normal and I'm right on track for a healthy recovery. My throat isn't sore in the "I've got a cold" type way, it's more stiff, like an injured muscle, and it still hurts when I yawn and those muscles stretch out. I'm still glad I had the surgery, but really look forward to the day when I won't have this continuing pain.

On the way to work this morning, sitting in traffic on the 110 in downtown, I looked over to see a 19-year-old girl in a Jetta with a full bail of hay in her backseat. WTF? When I was a kid back in the Pacific Northwest, people would put a bail of hay in the back of their small truck during winter to add weight to the vehicle on snowy roads. I can't imagine why this girl had a bail in her car, though.

Also seen on the freeway this morning - several cars and trucks with bullet hole stickers on them. These are the stickers you put on your car so it LOOKS like you've been shot up. I have never understood the purpose of this. Is it, "Look how cool I am? People shot at me!" Does that inflate your street cred? I would think it would actually invite other people to take a shot about you, and wonder that this has never occurred to any of the people with the stickers on their vehicles.

On the upside of things, I had to turn over half the show to the Director on Sunday so he could look at it, since our schedule is so short. He seemed to be happy with it, and had very few notes. I guess my job is safe for another day!

The song for the day is "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora. I didn't know what album it came from until I looked it up - back in the day, I only ever bought the 45. At any rate, the song, from the band's 1985 US debut album Living In The Background ultimately spent 6 months on the US charts. I liked this song before it ever got big, and continued to like it a lot until people started using it in commercials and cartoon movies. Still, a fantastic example of 80s pop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Interesting how you chose the use a .22 caliber bullet hole as your "art" for the post.

Love me the Baltimora song and remember it fondly back in the day.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

maybe she keeps a horse in her garage?

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home