Friday, January 12, 2007

Well, three days down and I’m still up to camera. However, we’ve had a little problem in production that’s thrown a wrench into the schedule, so check in another 4 days and ask me how things are going. The upside of working longer hours is that I'm hitting much less traffic on the way home from work. I'm being lulled into a false sense that traffic in this town is acceptable. I'm also getting more miles to the gallon because I'm not in so much bumper to bumper traffic, so I may be working longer hours, but I'm doing something for the environment! There was almost no traffic on my way in this morning. This usually means it's some sort of Jewish holiday I'm not aware of, but this wasn't the case. I guess I just hit a lucky pocket.

Check out what I got in the mail last night. My favorite cereals from when I was a kid – Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and BooBerry. It’s hard to find them anymore, but I sometimes see them at Target around Halloween. However, it’s not Halloween right now and I had a craving the other day. (I swear, it was not caused by the use of any illegal substances.)

I bought the cereal on the Hometown Favorites website. If you’ve never been there before, they specialize in hard to get foods. As they state in their FAQ section, “Our products are "hard to find", not "no longer in production". All of the items we carry come direct and fresh from the manufacturer. If a manufacturer has stopped producing an item, we do not try to track down someone else's unsold product, as we cannot verify freshness. If we carry it, it's still being made.” They have a great candy section too, so if you miss your Marathon Bars or your Mountain Bars, check them out.

Since I hit Canada recently, I’ll do it again. The song for today is “Summer of ‘69” by Bryan Adams, off his stellar 1984 album Reckless. This is still a great album, and I admit, I still like Bryan Adams. I saw him in concert back in the day at a big arena and The Hooters opened up for him. It was a great show. I think Bryan is still recording and putting it out there, but they wouldn’t play that on the stations I listen to now. This is a classic summer song to be played in the car with the top down and the volume up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me solve the mystery for you...Martin Luther King Day is on Monday...People are taking off friday to get a 4 day weekend :).

--cheers
Amir

10:47 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

And FYI - only businesses in LA honor MLK day - nothing besides government offices will be closed in the OC.

edit - seriously - give books on tape a try in your car - it saves my sanity during commutes - but glad to hear you are still on schedule

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

OK, now that you have turned me on to Hometown Favorites, I'll be looking for that candy or particular food item from when I was a kid. Not sure what it may be, but when I stumble across it, it will bring back memories.

BooBerry rocks!

3:02 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Team Count Chocula! I loved that stuff!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home