Tuesday, January 09, 2007

For those of you interested, my first up front credit will air tonight. Set your Tivo’s for ABC at 10pm.

I found a cool site through my Mac World magazine the other day. It’s called Moo. You can make cool calling cards that are smaller than your usual business cards. Sort of like a mini-card. You can put a photo (or a bunch of photos) on the front, with your name, number, or whatever information you want to include on the back. They’re not too expensive if you’re like me, and don’t want to go through the trouble of making your own.

So, I’ve been thinking for some time about going to Australia this summer. It all depends on work and some other things, but I’m hoping to spend an entire month there, or between there and New Zealand. If any of you have been there and have any recommendations, let me know so I know where to go. My plans at the moment are to fly in to Sydney, go to Melbourne from there, and then catch the Ghan in Adelaide to take north through the Red Centre. Get off at Alice Springs, take a bus to Uluru for a few days. Back to Alice Springs, and back on the train to Darwin, then fly to New Zealand from there. I especially have no idea where to go in NZ, so any advice is appreciated. Keep your fingers crossed that I can make the trip! Otherwise, it’s another week in Toronto or BC, which is fun, but not quite Australia.

In honor of Oz, the song for the day is “Crazy” by Icehouse. It comes off their 1987 album Man Of Colours. I actually really liked this album and still listen to it in the car occasionally. I always thought it had a great sound, and I think this album is a great example of Australian pop of the 80s.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I have a good friend who is from Australia and found out while having lunch with he and his wife on Sunday, that they are leaving for Australia tomorrow. When they get back, I will give him your desired plans and see if he can pinpoint some specific things to see and do in those areas. I'm also hoping to go sometime and just might plan a trip the same time they are one year and get the complete experience.

Looking forward to tonight's episode.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

One of my must go trips is New Zealand and Tasmania (Botswana is another). But Kings Fan has the best suggestion - one of my best vacations ever was to Costa Rica after a guy I knew who'd been living there went through my guide books over beers and annotated the best places to visit - my friend and I just planned our trip around comments made by Travis!

p.s. congrats on the credits tonight!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked in Australia for a year and it's a place that will change your life -- in good ways. If you can add Queensland to your list, try and make it Cairns, the Whitsunday Islands and most importantly the Great Barrier Reef. And since you're a hockey freak, try and take in an Aussie Rules Football game. Hard to believe but it makes Hockey look like croquet.

10:02 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Great episode tonight, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was pleased to see Clarice/Clarence was added to the cast and got a credit during the opening! And congratulations on your credit!

For what it's worth, everyone I know who has been to Australia and/or New Zealand has loved it. I've not once heard a bad review.

11:31 PM  
Blogger LA said...

p.s. I love Men at Work

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your credit!!!!! Unfortunately, I don't have Tivo, nor does my TV get any reception for local channels, so I know you did a great job!!
I'll be using your trip as a base for when I plan my own, whenever that will be.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home