Saturday, April 07, 2007

Tonight I have tickets to go see the Kings for their last game at home. I hear it’s supposed to be quite the celebration with free stuff. I’m not sure any of that could make up for the poor season they had this year. They do have a lot of draft picks for next season, so hopefully, they’ll be stronger in a couple of years. Better buy your 2010 season tickets now!

I’m working today, but my friend is taking Wally to the Three Dog Bakery Easter Begg Hunt. It’s at one of the parks here in Pasadena. I’ve never been, but I believe they hide treats all over the park for the dogs to sniff out. Afterward, he can have his picture taken with the Easter bunny. My friend is taking her digital camera, so hopefully, I’ll have a cute photo of Wally to share this coming week.

In honor of the Kings, the song of the day is Gary Glitter’s “Rock and Roll, Pt. 2” off his 1972 album Glitter. I always thought this was a rather catchy tune, and it always reminds me of going to hockey games. Unfortunately, now it also reminds me of Gary Glitter molesting young girls in Thailand.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Wally will have a blast! As a former Kings season ticket holder, I too always associate that song with hockey . . .

Did Glitter get convicted? Were you as surprised as I was that it was girls he was molesting?

12:36 PM  
Blogger LA said...

What a fun day for Wally! Tomorrow is the annual Belmont Shore Haute Dog Easter parade. It's quite the scene.

10:43 PM  
Blogger jimhenshaw said...

Let Dix and I cheer you up over the loss of the Kings.

The Leafs are gone too, but we're still keeping up the Stanley Cup spirit.

Drop by http://the-legion-of-decency.blogspot.com/ and join our online hockey pool.

Jim

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home